With the continuous development of the PVC flooring industry in recent years, in addition to traditional wooden and ceramic floors, many new types of flooring have also become popular. For example, PVC self-adhesive floor tile and SPC lock floor tile are widely used in commercial and private places for their excellent performance. The performance of these two types of flooring is very similar, and it is difficult for many consumers to distinguish. So what is the difference between SPC lock flooring and self adhesive vinyl flooring? Which projects do they are suitable for individually?
Before discussing the difference between Click Lock SPC floor and Peel and Stick PVC floor, we should understand some definitions:
The full name of PVC is Polyvinyl chloride also referred to as vinyl flooring, whose main ingredient is polyvinyl chloride. PVC flooring refers to flooring products produced using polyvinyl chloride as raw material. PVC floor is divided into two types: coil floor and sheet floor. The texture of coil floor is softer, also called plastic floor. Sheet floor has more specifications and higher hardness. It is mainly divided into strip and square, also known as stone plastic floor. Structurally, PVC flooring can be divided into two types: homogeneous PVC flooring and composite PVC flooring. SPC and LTV flooring belong to the category of PVC flooring.
SPC is the abbreviation of Stone Plastic Composites. The main raw material is polyvinyl chloride resin. The SPC substrate is extruded by an extruder combined with a T-die. The three-roller or four-roller calender is used to wear-resistant PVC Layer, PVC color film and SPC base material, made by heating and laminating at one time, and no glue is used in the production process.
Click Lock SPC Vinyl Flooring vs. Self Adhesive PVC Vinyl Flooring
To put it simply, SPC lock floor (Click Lock SPC Flooring) refers to the floor that can be completely nail-free, glue-free, and keel-free during floor installation. PVC self-adhesive floor (peel and stick PVC Flooring) is coated with self-adhesive on the back of the original floor, and then covered with PE release film to protect the adhesive. You can easily and quickly install the floor by tearing off the release film when installing the floor.
Click and Lock SPC Vinyl Flooring (also known as Vinyl Click Flooring Tile) and Vinyl Self Adhesive Flooring (also known PVC Self-adhesive Floor Tile) are difficult to distinguish from the appearance and paving effect. However, there are still some differences in the use process, mainly in the following aspects:
SPC locking flooring production technology and technical requirements are relatively high, usually about 4MM thick, larger than the usual 2MM PVC self-adhesive floor, more comfortable feet.
(1) The SPC vinyl lock floor can be installed by relying on the lock connection between the floors. The installation is simple and fast, and the installation process does not require glue. The average worker can install more than 100 square meters per day.
(2) The installation of Vinyl self-adhesive floor is simpler and faster. The back of the floor comes with pressure-sensitive adhesive, as long as you remove the protective film, you can stick it directly to the ground.
(1) Click Locking SPC floor structure is composed of PUR crystal shield transparent layer, pure PVC wear-resistant layer, rich color film layer, SPC polymer substrate layer, soft and silent rebound layer, etc. The flooring substrate is made of mineral rock powder, mixed with polymer resin, and then hot-pressed at high temperature to form a stable substrate layer. Can do true 0 formaldehyde.
(2) The raw material requirements of PVC self-adhesive flooring are not as high as those of SPC lock flooring. For some manufacturers that do not have strict control, the glue may contain a small amount of formaldehyde, which will cause certain environmental protection risks.
(1) The hardness of the click lock SPC floor tile is relatively high, and it is not fixed to the ground by glue during paving. Therefore, the flatness of the ground is high. If the ground is not flat, it is generally self-leveling before paving.
(2) The self-adhesive PVC floor tile is relatively soft, and the floor can be paved if it has gentle fluctuations, but after paving, the floor will fluctuate with the original floor. Higher places are more prone to wear. At the same time, the ground is too rough or dusty, and it is easy to degumming.
SPC locking flooring tile is versatile and suitable for most places of use, such as homes, offices and schools, shopping malls, stores, etc., with high wear resistance and long service life. The abrasion resistance of Peel Stick PVC floor tile is relatively weak, and it is not suitable for places with a large number of people.
The price of SPC locking floor is higher than that of PVC self-adhesive floor, but the service life is long, and the foundation ground is not high during construction, as long as it is level. The self-adhesive PVC floor has high requirements on the ground. It needs to be level and can not afford sand and dust. At the same time, it should avoid water as much as possible, because the self-adhesive vinyl floor is hot stamped with adhesive on the floor, which is easy to peel off.
For more details about our products: www.starsplas.com
For more videos about our products: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-P0L1oklq9yghQ_Txp1vFQ